Sick of Following Traditions?
Sick of Following Traditions?
You might be sick and tired of seeing the same old three-tier bright white wedding cake. Luckily, that’s not your only option. If you’re thinking of straying from the time honored tradition, there are many alternatives to classic wedding cake that may suit your wedding much better. To help you decide, here’s a list of why you should or shouldn’t pick something a little less traditional.
- Joining hands and cutting the first slice of cake with your partner can be a great photo opportunity you can always look back on.
- You can save the top tier of your wedding cake and eat it on your first anniversary as a reminder of that special day.
- Wedding cakes symbolize good luck, fortune and your commitment for each other.
- You can hire a local artist to personalize your wedding toppers! Who wouldn’t want little mini-me’s to sit atop their cake for everyone to see?
- Ever wanted an excuse to smash cake on your groom’s face? Here’s your chance.
Non Traditional Desserts:
- Fondant looks much better than it tastes.
- You can have much more variety than you could in just one cake. With a less traditional dessert you could have gluten free or sugar free options for your guests with dietary restrictions.
- You don’t have to waste your time thinking about which superstitions you need to be wary of, from pulling ribbons out of the bottom tier of the cake, to your bridesmaids sleeping with of slice of it under their pillows with hopes of dreaming of a husband.
- According to The Knot,7,000 couples marry each day in the United States. Most of them have wedding cake, if you don’t then that’s one more thing that makes your wedding unique.
- Non traditional desserts tend to be less expensive than your classic wedding cake. If you’re planning a wedding on a budget this might interest you.
If you’ve made your mind up and you want to go with something less common, here are some desserts you could choose:
Croquembouche – It’s a french dessert made of cream puffs that are piled high, in the shape of a cone with caramel drizzle around the outside. If you’re really trying to impress your guests, this is the way to go!
Donut Wall- Set up a board with pegs and hang the donuts from them. If you want a little extra flare you can even make them into a picture!
Chocolate Fountain- You can have white, dark and milk chocolate along with as many fruits and snacks you want to go along with it. Honestly, you can never go wrong with a chocolate fountain.
Cupcake Tower- You can have a different flavor cupcake for every single guest and you don’t have to deal with the hassle of slicing a piece of cake for all the people who want one.
Savory Cakes- Now this one may be a little out there but don’t forget that it’s your wedding! You can have anything from a five tier sushi cake to a cake made entirely out of cheese.
Whether you decide to go against the grain or not try not to stress out about the decision you land on, your wedding will be spectacular no matter what!
Author: Tori Haye