Zap Wedding Zits Overnight
10 DIY Spot Treatments to Zap Zits Overnight
1. Tea Tree Oil. This multipurpose essential oil is known for its cleansing properties, and will minimize swelling and redness when applied to the blemish.
2. Toothpaste. Because toothpaste contains silica, it makes for a great overnight drying lotion.
3. Lemon Juice. Freshly squeezed lemon juice will draw out the oils and shrink the blemish.
4. Ice. Holding ice against the blemish for a few minutes will reduce the swelling and size, and in turn reduce its lifespan.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar. Not only will it kill the bacteria, it also balances the pH of your skin making it harder for bacteria thrive.
6. Aloe Vera Gel. The aloe will sooth the area, decreasing the redness and swelling.
7. Garlic. Its antibacterial properties will reduce the severity of your blemish, and can even prevent future breakouts from happening. Never apply garlic to the skin without first diluting it in water.
8. Potatoes. Antioxidant rich potatoes help to nourish the skin, and encourage the growth of new skin cells.
9. Steam. Exposing the skin to steam will open up the pores and flush out impurities.
10. Baking Soda. Not only will baking soda exfoliate the skin, but it also draws out excess oil and fights off bacteria.